If you work with collage, I’m willing to bet that like me, you have bits and pieces of paper scraps that are floating around your studio. Well, it’s time to round ’em up for a fun activity called the Collage Scrap Exchange! Take some of your random bits of paper and put ’em in an envelope and send them to an artist you’ve never met (from somewhere else in the world!)
My illustration blog, Brown Paper Bag, has teamed up with the affordable art subscription service Papirmass to bring you this fun art contest. Here’s how it works (and what you can win!):
- Sign up to participate in the Collage Scrap Exchange until November 15
- After November 15, Brown Paper Bag and Papirmass will match up collage partners
- You’ll package your scraps and mail ‘em via snail mail to your partner (this is a world wide project!)
- Once you receive your partner’s package, make a collage (or collages) using both of your scraps! Theme: New Landscapes
- Turn in your finished artwork before the February 15, 2015 deadline
You can win a prize package worth over $250 ($125 cash prize + 2 free subscriptions for Papirmass + get your work published in an issue of Papirmass).
Join the fun with makers all around the world!
Meet Sara of Brown Paper Bag
Sara Barnes is a creative lady based in Baltimore, Maryland. In 2010, she started Brown Paper Bag, a daily blog that highlights illustration in its many wonderful forms. Sara is fond of ceramics, embroidery, and tattoos, regularly featuring them on her site. When she’s not blogging, you can find her making collages or baking.
Share your own news, updates & events for the creative community with OMHG! Submit your stories here.