by Jessika Hepburn, O Happy Day Handmade
I have an absurd love of all art supplies from paper to fabric and could easily loose a whole day (and a pile of money) inside a craft store. I am cheating a bit today and posting a quick selection of some fun, fabulous and even edible art supplies so that I can spend time pampering my partner who is going in for dental surgery tomorrow.
Art supplies pictured clockwise from left to right:
1. Who knew masking tape could be so incredible? The only problem with this Japanese washi paper tape from Happy Tape is deciding on colours!
2. Encaustic paint (hot wax painting) is one of my favourite mediums, the colours are incredibly vibrant and you can’t beat smelling beeswax while you are working. These encaustic paints from Bee’s Knees Encaustics are made with 100% filtered Canadian beeswax and come in a range of beautiful colours-they are almost too pretty to use.
3. I must try my hand at making some edible crayons like these ones from Luxirare, there are some suggestions on making your own and I am thinking of doing them as party favours for my daughter’s sixth birthday in October.
4. Love brown paper packages? Divine Twine butcher’s twine from Whisker Graphics comes in a bunch of lovely colours and is eco-friendly too!
5. (below) Fancy Tiger’s needle felting kits are a great birthday gift for children 6 and up, and would also make an excellent birthday activity for a small party.