I wanted to share my love of Canadian handmade with OMHG by showcasing a small bit of the amazing talent to be found here in the Great White North. It was so hard choosing just 10 items to share with you!
1. The whimsy of these tiny ceramic Canada Houses by thelittlereddoor capture two of my favorite things about many Canadians; they are both welcoming and cheerful!
2. Make friends with the Hansel & Gretel stamp from Corrabelle in Hamilton, Ontario.
3. The mama bear in me is totally in love with the “We Are Strong” limited edition print by Toronto’s zukzuk.
4. I wanted to add everything made by Sewn Natural, also from Ontario, but forced myself to choose this adorable Matryoshka quilt.
5. These sweet squirrels come from my hometown of Vancouver Island via MelissaAbram
6. This wee plush tree stump from littleseedlings is also from British Columbia. What says west coast more than lambswool & lentils?
7. More trees! Play catch with a vibrant tree print ball from dressmeup in Victoria, BC.
8. Go fish with this bright and clever magnetic set made in Halifax, Nova Scotia by Cerra
9. A reversible denim baby coat by Halifax’s Louloubellbaby is perfect for rainy East coast days.
10. I think “Looking Forward” is a great metaphor for this post and was captured perfectly by Montreal artist shirae in this lovely art print.
I hope you have enjoyed this look at some of my favorite Canadian handmade items!