by Heather Mattos of Cookie Mondays
Last weekend my mom and her best friend, Audrey (both San Diego designers) threw me the most amazing baby shower luncheon. No detail was overlooked! We’re expecting a little boy, but don’t expect to see baby blue or cliché, cutesie boy themes here! The rustic, shabby chic feel with creamy whites and sunny yellows are perfect for a gender-neutral party.
- Scalloped border invites and custom 2.5″ x 3.75″ stickers for coordinating water bottle labels by sarah + abraham.
- Wooden frames from Ikea (with bright paper inserted) and paper take-out boxes served as plates and salad containers. We used scalloping shears to trim the top edges of the boxes.
- Simple arrangements of white hydrangeas & ranunculus, and yellow pom poms in vintage glass bottles were gorgeous atop a brown parchment table liner. Single heads of cauliflower between the bottles added an organic touch.
- Bales of hay flanking the tables, topped with natural burlap made a fun alternative to chairs, and vintage, tattered lampshades replaced the ever-popular paper lantern or tissue pom-pom!
- Old-fashioned typewriter style menus, custom designed by MKL designs, were clipped onto old book covers.
- For favors, I made Ruffled Sunglasses Cases with name tags tied on, which completed each place setting.
- Cupcakes homemade using Sprinkles mix and a basic vanilla bean buttercream sweetened the deal. Forget the gifts… what preggo mama doesn’t appreciate a good cupcake?!
Photography by Melissa Larson