by Jessika Hepburn, O Happy Day Handmade
Twitter is amazing, I was slow to warm up to it, thinking that it would be like an endless stream of facebook status updates-was I ever wrong! It has been an invaluable tool for promoting the OMHG community and I am constantly making new connections. One of the most fascinating things is reading more about who is following OMHG. With over 650 followers and more being added every day there are a lot of incredible business and artists to learn about. So I thought it would be fun to share some of our followers and their businesses every month. Choosing just ten from that list was tough, but the consolation is that I get to do it again in December!
1. Recycled wood “Hello” sign from Oh Dier (I am also loving the reclaimed wood block bots)
2. Tessa Modern A-Line dress from heybabystudio in Atlanta
3. Barn owl shirin pleated sleeve dress from my favorite online store ever, Fawn and Forest
4. Pio Pio brown suede shoes from Livie & Luca
5. The Poppy cape from Fafu Toys has a ton of snaps so that it can be transformed into a cape, skirt, dress, tent-you name it! The capes are also fair trade produced and made from organic cotton.
6. The 2011 “Counting in The Kitchen” calendar from The English Muffin Shop is too cute.
7. I am in love with absolutely everything in the Redraven shop, like this Paradise Bird necklace-keep your eyes open for a feature in December with artist/owner Amy!
8. “Hello” print by illustrator/designer Gaia Cornwall available in her shop OtherSuchThings
9. Screenprinted retro flowers tea towel by Sweet Harvey, OMHG’s newest advertiser, who will also be featured in December!
10. This polar bear rocker, designed by David Netto is from the online modern furniture store, Clever Tomato, who I learned about by looking through my list of followers-now I am hooked!
Twitter is excellent for networking and building relationships-do you know who’s following you? Check out their websites, start a conversation, maybe a new collaboration will come of it! And of course, follow us on Twitter @ohmyhandmade, you just might find yourself featured here.
I felt the exact same way about twitter at first but now I just love it! I think it is really cool that it allows for quick updates on what is going on with other artists and handmade communities! It is a very easy application to keep up with!
PS – thanks so much for the feature!
Thanks so much for including me in your first Twitter Ten! I wasn’t sure about twitter in the beginning either, but I have met so many new friends (both online and in real life) via twitter, as well as many new business contacts – it’s my new favourite thing 😉
I love Twitter, it’s such a great way to network and meet so many like minded people. Love the rocking polar bear! Catherine x http://twitter.com/BumpkinBears
I’m still new to twitter and having a tough time “understanding” it. I do feel like it’s an endless stream of facebook status updates!!! Perfect description! I’d love to know how you made the switch from unsure to loving it! Thx!
Can you email me?!!!
One day I’ll do Twitter more frequently. I loved it last year but got a little too addicted that my daughter suffered for it (eek not good!). In the meantime I’m super happy to see a local ATL gal featured–her dresses are SO cute!
what a fun post! it must have been really hard picking just ten gorgeous things from these fabulous shops and artists.
You are so right . I was hesitant about twitter as well. But, once I got into it , it has really been amazing. I am still learning twitter language, mind you !
I am building relationships with peers and its been an informative tool as well.
I love the gorgeousness you have featured on this post ! Very adorable picks !
Comments are closed.