by Jessika Hepburn, O Happy Day Handmade
Twitter is amazing, I was slow to warm up to it, thinking that it would be like an endless stream of facebook status updates-was I ever wrong! It has been an invaluable tool for promoting the OMHG community and I am constantly making new connections. One of the most fascinating things is reading more about who is following OMHG. With over 650 followers and more being added every day there are a lot of incredible business and artists to learn about. So I thought it would be fun to share some of our followers and their businesses every month. Choosing just ten from that list was tough, but the consolation is that I get to do it again in December!
2. Tessa Modern A-Line dress from heybabystudio in Atlanta
3. Barn owl shirin pleated sleeve dress from my favorite online store ever, Fawn and Forest
4. Pio Pio brown suede shoes from Livie & Luca
5. The Poppy cape from Fafu Toys has a ton of snaps so that it can be transformed into a cape, skirt, dress, tent-you name it! The capes are also fair trade produced and made from organic cotton.
6. The 2011 “Counting in The Kitchen” calendar from The English Muffin Shop is too cute.
7. I am in love with absolutely everything in the Redraven shop, like this Paradise Bird necklace-keep your eyes open for a feature in December with artist/owner Amy!
8. “Hello” print by illustrator/designer Gaia Cornwall available in her shop OtherSuchThings
9. Screenprinted retro flowers tea towel by Sweet Harvey, OMHG’s newest advertiser, who will also be featured in December!
10. This polar bear rocker, designed by David Netto is from the online modern furniture store, Clever Tomato, who I learned about by looking through my list of followers-now I am hooked!
Twitter is excellent for networking and building relationships-do you know who’s following you? Check out their websites, start a conversation, maybe a new collaboration will come of it! And of course, follow us on Twitter @ohmyhandmade, you just might find yourself featured here.