by Jessika Hepburn, O Happy Day Handmade
If there was a colour associated with these final days of summer it would be a soft dusty rose. The shade is perfect for the time of year when the sun is all golden and syrupy, there is an abundance of fruits fresh from harvest and the flowers are putting on their last big show, for me the colour is both elegance and sweetness, a mix of romance and innocence. Since my other half is dead set against me repainting the rooms to match my mood, I am sharing some home decor items from my covet list instead. But I am still going to look at paint; )
I am so totally in love with Fawn&Forest and all their incredible products that I could probably write enough features for a month if I let myself but instead I forced myself to just choose these four:
1. This sweet cuckoo clock by Decoylab is printed on heavy paper, at only $28 it is a reasonable indulgence for any room! Available in a number of beautiful colours.
2. The Story Mobile from Ferm Living has five gentle figures printed on organic cotton fabric. The mobile comes packaged in an adorable box along with a wee little bedtime story.
3. Dahlia wool rugs from Dwellstudio are made of 100% hand tufted New Zealand wool and are the perfect balance between whimsy and excellent design.
4. This modern four piece retro style Paper Dolls crib set is also from Dwellstudio.
5. Keep summer alive all year round with a rose and caramel cherry blossom wreath from KnockKnocking
6. I will be doing a tutorial at some point about how to make unique embroidery hoop art since I have noticed how popular this style is becoming, but the stunning Chrysanthemum Mandala hanging from CaitlinSainio is beyond my crocheting ability!
7. What says love better then a fuzzy felted dusty rose love bowl from The Fuzzy Monkey?
8. The Lotsa Birdies canvases from Cici Art Factory are hand painted by fellow Canadian, Vancouver artist Liz Clay.
Happy Shopping (or coveting as the case may be)!
While I am categorically against Dusty Rose (the colour name…reminds me of crazy old ladies and overstuffed chintz furniture), I love “pink”. All in the mind eh? I am really loving that bird print and the cuckoo clock. They are so sweet!
@thisoldpmq – haha! Your comment made me laugh – totally agree about the colour ‘dusty rose’ and images of crazy old ladies and smelly velvet chairs but this post has changed my perception.
The cot bedding is just gorgeous! I prefer ‘tea rose’ as the name for the pink though – sounds a bit more romantic and English :o)
Afraid I’m coveting rather than shopping for the moment…. Elle x
Comments are closed.