by Marisa Edghill of Omiyage
Springtime is my favourite time of the year. The days stretch longer. The air warms and the sun smiles on us again. Everything slowly wakes up – animals, trees, flowers, my creative urge! It’s such a wonderful time of new life and renewal.
Perhaps most emblematic of this spring awakening is Easter. So, today, let’s celebrate with a bounty of bunnies, chicks and – of course – eggs! The good news is, Easter is so late this year, that we’ve still got a few weeks to craft up a storm and add a little more of a handmade flair to the season!
I’ve been hunting for great crafty projects to boost your Easter enjoyment! Whether you’re a sewer, a knitter, a papercrafter or a DIY do-it-all, there’s a little something for everyone!
More Bunny Fun:
- Bunny Bowling – The Long Thread for The Storque
- Amigurumi Easter Bunny – Roxycraft
- Zakka Bunny Pencil Case – Pattern from Zakka Sewing via Craftzine
- Printable Bunny Cupcake Wrappers – Skip to My Lou
- Origami Bunnies – Omiyage Blogs
- Sew a Bunny Softie – Martha Stewart
- Knit a Bunny Egg Cosy – Zakka Life
More Sweet Chicks:
- Chick Bean Bags – Martha Stewart
- Love Bird – Molly Chicken
- Fuzzy Easter Chicks & Mini Eggs – Purl Bee
- Printable Easter Chick Papercraft – Epson HK
- Wet felted Chick – Yours til Niagara Falls
- Crepe Paper Spring Birds – Martha Stewart
- Sew an Easter Chick – Chickummyjig for Whip Up
Eggs, Eggs & More Eggs!
More Fun Eggy Crafts:
- Surprise Eggs (the Easier Version) – Not Martha
- No Dye Easter Egg Decorating (fabric, glitter, washi tape!) – Family Circle
- Adorable Egg Amigurumi – Owlishly
- Felt Egg Design Book – Chez Beeper Bebe
- Egg Crafts – Chez Larsson
- Egg Cosies – Smaller
- Egg Shell Votives & Vases – Martha Stewart
This Easter, you’ll find my whole family gathered for a big outdoor egg hunt. I’m hoping to substitute a little handmade goodness for some of the chocolate – but, not all of it of course!
How about you? How will you be celebrating Easter this year?
Oh, and if you come across any great Easter DIY’s or have one of your own to share, we’d love it if you shared the link in the comments!