by Marisa Edghill of Omiyage
Springtime is my favourite time of the year. The days stretch longer. The air warms and the sun smiles on us again. Everything slowly wakes up – animals, trees, flowers, my creative urge! It’s such a wonderful time of new life and renewal.
Perhaps most emblematic of this spring awakening is Easter. So, today, let’s celebrate with a bounty of bunnies, chicks and – of course – eggs! The good news is, Easter is so late this year, that we’ve still got a few weeks to craft up a storm and add a little more of a handmade flair to the season!
I’ve been hunting for great crafty projects to boost your Easter enjoyment! Whether you’re a sewer, a knitter, a papercrafter or a DIY do-it-all, there’s a little something for everyone!
Bunny Finger Puppets – Purl Bee
More Bunny Fun:
- Bunny Bowling – The Long Thread for The Storque
- Amigurumi Easter Bunny – Roxycraft
- Zakka Bunny Pencil Case – Pattern from Zakka Sewing via Craftzine
- Printable Bunny Cupcake Wrappers – Skip to My Lou
- Origami Bunnies – Omiyage Blogs
- Sew a Bunny Softie – Martha Stewart
- Knit a Bunny Egg Cosy – Zakka Life
Knit Easter Peeps – Kat Crafts
More Sweet Chicks:
- Chick Bean Bags – Martha Stewart
- Love Bird – Molly Chicken
- Fuzzy Easter Chicks & Mini Eggs – Purl Bee
- Printable Easter Chick Papercraft – Epson HK
- Wet felted Chick – Yours til Niagara Falls
- Crepe Paper Spring Birds – Martha Stewart
- Sew an Easter Chick – Chickummyjig for Whip Up
Eggs, Eggs & More Eggs!
Chocolate Surprise Eggs – Not Martha
More Fun Eggy Crafts:
- Surprise Eggs (the Easier Version) – Not Martha
- No Dye Easter Egg Decorating (fabric, glitter, washi tape!) – Family Circle
- Adorable Egg Amigurumi – Owlishly
- Felt Egg Design Book – Chez Beeper Bebe
- Egg Crafts – Chez Larsson
- Egg Cosies – Smaller
- Egg Shell Votives & Vases – Martha Stewart
This Easter, you’ll find my whole family gathered for a big outdoor egg hunt. I’m hoping to substitute a little handmade goodness for some of the chocolate – but, not all of it of course!
How about you? How will you be celebrating Easter this year?
Oh, and if you come across any great Easter DIY’s or have one of your own to share, we’d love it if you shared the link in the comments!
what a great collection! i made some fun egg monsters here: http://morningsunrae.blogspot.com/2011/03/egg-monsters-take-two.html
Such a great collection of crafty fun Marisa-I want to fill the house with spring loveliness now! Rae I LOVE your egg monsters, how fun! Would be great for Halloween too: )
Thanks! Rae – your egg monsters are so creepy – in a totally good way, of course!
Jessika – I’m with you, I’m totally inspired by all these great projects to get all Spring-y… just need to decide where to start!
Now you’ve got me feeling all stitchy! I have no little ones to make things for, but cute is cute, right? I think I just might surprise a few friends with a little felty cuteness in the form of a bunny or two…
I would love to see what crafty goodness you come up with for spring with your gorgeous felt Janet! Be sure to share some pictures with us: )
I am loving all the Easter craft goodness. Thanks for posting even more for us to enjoy and partake in:))
Thank you for the lovely round up and for all the wonderful inspiration!! I have a fun idea for Springtime decor! Check it out here:
Super cute garland! Thanks for sharing: )
Love it! 🙂 Just shared your link.
Love all those ideas! My girls will love them! Thx for sharing. =)
A great collection and nice ideas, I like it.Thanks.
Comments are closed.