I’m not one to sit on a grand idea! I came home from Spark Retreat blazing with the courage to be my most awesomely awesome self so that I could give as much goodness to the world as possible. So I started working on getting crystal clear on what I need to do to get there. Putting the ideas I’ve had semi-floating around for the last year into a map for what I can see our community becoming. This is what happened:
- I fired myself from my design biz. I love designing but I need to stop doing client work so that I can focus on what I do best. I’m finishing up a couple of last projects and sending on referrals to all our Businessy Goodness Guide advertisers from now on!
- I wrote a new about page for myself. For the first time I am feeling like all my past work has connected with my current work-I know what I want to offer and how. Yes!
- I wrote a new about page for OMHG. We have grown beyond a blog for the handmade industry and into being a unique online community centre where creative entrepreneurs can connect. We’re growing up!
- I crafted new submission guidelines for OMHG. Bringing our ethics and support of our community into focus and opening up a platform for you to share & be heard. There are now three fun ways to get your story seen by our readers & I am so excited to see what you cook up for us.
- I’m coming to see YOU! I’m wrapping up all my knowledge about creative communities + businessy goodness and bringing them to you. I want to come to your community and share the goodness of OMHG, filling your community with creative inspiration & delivering hugs and cupcakes along the way. Come visit the new workshop page where I gave my dancing self a home for awhile (video is coming soon!) and I spill all the details on how #omhg is ready for #OMHGlive.
- and I bought ohmyawesome.com…just incase.
I feel like I’ve come home to myself in the biggest way possible. All my work with communities merging with my love for creativity + collaboration into one bright shiny package of goodness I can give to you, in person. I am filled up with gratitude, from my big feet to the tips of my 3 days of non-stop working hair, all for you dearest friends. Thank you x infinity for being with me on this adventure through our busy lives of businessy goodness and for building this community together. I’ve always felt this place is ours, not mine, and my hope is that by hitting the road and coming to you we’ll be able to take this incredible support from online to offline, from <3 to real hugs, and 🙂 to rooms of smiling, laughing, creative brilliance.
Let me know what you think of all this new news. Want to see me in your town sharing the love? Have an event that I need to speak at? Just want to tell me I’m out of my mind? Please share your ideas in the comments-I’ll meet you there (and I can’t wait to see you!).
PS: Be sure to get the ultimate jolt of community magic by reading the transcript of Thursday’s #OMHG chat. It was the best of our community ideals distilled into pure inspiration and I would love if one or more of you talented friends would play with making us a poster from the lovely tweets shared. Any volunteers?