Following on from Tracey Selingo’s post on Wednesday, where she shared a downloadable prayer for the creatives among us, Tracy continued her zen as co-host and we were all peaceful, enlightened and even had a wish for a “sprinkle-tastic explosion of love & kindness” (hence the sparkly cupcakes up there)!
Question 1: What’s the first thing you do for yourself every day?
- @ThreeBySea: I am a fan of the short meditation sessions, although I find it works better AFTER kiddo is off to school & Im alone #omhg
- MarisaEdghill First I get my husband out the door, then I use his commute time as me time. Peaceful coffee. Blog reading. Try to work same hours! #omhg
- ohmyhandmade I also bike the girls to school-I tell you biking 250lbs up & downhill in the morning is a sure-fire way to way ALL the way up #omhg
- @traceyselingo Everyone’s responses boil down to one thing; being with YOU. Call it what you want, it makes all the
- @sarahjanesroom: try to sit for a few quiet minutes after the oldest goes off on the bus – warm drink + a book #omhg
- erinmharris I check Twitter before starting job hunting stuff, then put on good music. #OMHG
- chapterandpage_good music early on in the day makes all the difference, i’ll second that! #omhg
- @TrashN2TeesNote to self. (re:@traceyselingo: When you set your intention, the Universe responds.)
Question #2: How do you remember your magic when things are hard or stressful? What brings you back to yourself?
- kittyscuriosity @ohmyhandmade Sometimes all it takes is looking at the physical part of what I do — the feeling of accomplishment is pretty magical. #omhg
- thelanguidlion Being physically away with the hubs 😉 RT@ohmyhandmade: How do u remembr ur magic when things r hard/stressful? What brings u bk 2 u? #Omhg
- ohmyhandmade Being of service always lightens my heart-holding a door, making someone smile, connecting the dots, sharing a hug root me in myself #omhg
- @ColleenAttara Shifting focus allows my subconscious to work it out.
- ColleenAttara I remember my magic by coming to a stop. I stop moving and doing. I focus on just being. The stillness helps me get back to me. #omhg
- sarahjanesroom getting out of the house, by myself. Walking, driving, meal at a restaurant, at a cafe with a book. Solo time. #omhg
- AprilHeatherArt Spin class is good–sweat it out! @ohmyhandmade: How do u remembr ur magic when things r hard/stressful? What brings u bk 2 u? #Omhg
- @C_Vanderlinden Deciding to focus on ONE thing at a time, even if just for a few minutes, makes a huge difference as well.
- CarlaHeirlooms a walk with hubby & his camera brings me back #omhg
- traceyselingo When I get stressed/tired I retreat to the space to figure it out. Quiet. Cooking. Walking. #omhg
- ThreeBySea Making others laugh or smile makes me happy. Snuggles on the couch work too. #omhg
Question #3: What are you going to commit to doing today to celebrate & support your magic?
- laalicia going to call today to schedule myself for a massage… #omhg
- sarahjanesroom walk with my girl this afternoon in the sunshine, make something pretty in the studio after dinner! #omhg
- JoyCharde I’m definitely going to do some good old drawing in the sketchbook… does my heart and mind good. #omhg
- ThreeBySea Disinfect the crap out of my house & then write up a post for a funny holiday postcard printable I’m sharing #omhg
- kittyscuriosity I’m updating my shop! It’s been longer than I’d like since I last updated, and it always gives me a lift. #omhg
- MarisaEdghill Making Christmas mice – (Christmouses?) #omhg
- C_Vanderlinden Clean my desk (it’s here somewhere…) and work out a schedule for finishing a coupe of projects I’m working on. #omhg
- erinmharris I haven’t made anything in a while, and now that the craft table is clean, it’s calling to me again. 🙂 #OMHG
I think Jess summed up the chat pretty well:
Remember how brightly you shine & make room to see how truly magic you are & have ALL you need right now-things are golden.– Jessika, @ohmyhandmade
You can get the rest of the peace & zen from the chat & read the full transcript here.
What is #omhg? We are a community of talented, creative and caring people who visit every Thursday on Twitter from 1-2EST with the hashtag #omhg to chat about our monthly theme on Oh My! Handmade + life, business & everything in between. Empowering, honest, supportive & full of ideas, our chats leave us all feeling ready to take on the world-come join us and make some new friends!
Missed the chat? Share how you find your inner peace or shine your light in the comments!