Superhero tutu by Lucky Number Tutu on Etsy
We were all about our super powers during this past week’s #OMHG Chat… turns out our community has some great ones!
Let’s get started…
ohmyhandmade Our first Oh My! University assignment for our September theme was identifying our super powers, what is yours?http://t.co/UKoNhe3c #omhg
ohmyhandmade What is the skill you are totally amazeballs at, your one-of-a-kind rock star ability? If you could teach anything what would it be? #omhg
- @tickleandsmash: I dazzle in the sun!#SFBaybags RT @birdbags: tights on..wings spread…glitter applied, Ready-set-Go #omhg
- Lu_and_Ed @ohmyhandmade I have the power of positivity! I try to always be positive+happy- I find it brings more positivity into my life!#omhg
- IAMTHELAB @ohmyhandmade #omhg My super powers: empathy and unbridled creativity. And my Thai Peanut Sauce…
- ohmyhandmade Beautiful!!! So true + a willingness to connectRT@thelanguidlion: @ohmyhandmade thinking outside the box & my generosity of spirit! #omhg
- gracehester @ohmyhandmade if i were to “reveal” my super powers => practicality, resourcefulness, and ability to zone in on the real issue#omhg
- InkandDirt What is the saying? Jack of all trades but master of none. That’s me 🙂 #omhg
- daniellexo My super power: I have the uncanny ability to notice other people’s super powers. #omhg
- Lu_and_Ed I also have the super power of being able to sew one handed on my machine… And tweet with the other. #omhg
- kittyscuriosity So to take that to heart, a small super power: I’m a great listener and try to see things from others’ perspectives #omhg
- ohmyhandmade @thelanguidlion That is an amazing super power! The ability to cultivate what fills you up & keep away what is toxic-love love love #omhg
We had a few of our OMHGers not being able to identify any of their super powers…
- IAMTHELAB @RocajoStudio @InkandDirt #omhg Isn’t it interesting how quick we can be to not acknowledge our strengths?
- ohmyhandmade If you have a hard time acknowledging your BIG super powers, recognize the small ones. Eg: Rock star at watching the sunset#omhg
- IAMTHELAB @stephdouglas #omhg People are drawn to 2 things naturally: symmetry & empathy. Folks can smell empathy from a mile away!
- RocajoStudio Does chatting while a toddler is trying to crawl on your lap count as a small superpower? #omhg
… but it turns out we all did, some of us just needed a little coaxing! Jess then asked:
What skill do you have that you feel confident you can teach or share with others?
- designcoyote I’ve taught workshops about social branding & designing for WordPress as well as natural history for kids. #omhg
- ThreeBySea My blog’s new focus on humor spotting/creativity plotting/memory jotting/B.S. boycotting reflect what I can/want to teach/share #OMHG
- embergrass I can teach science 🙂 Shame I don’t really want to anymore!#omhg
- Lu_and_Ed @ohmyhandmade I am a very shy person, and I don’t like speaking in front of crowds. But I can teach kids how to sew! #omhg
- thelanguidlion Believing in/standing up for yourself RT@ohmyhandmade What skill do u have that u feel confident u can teach/share with others? #omhg
- ohmyhandmade TAPE! RT @MarisaEdghill: Ive taught theatre, leadership skills, basket weaving (awesome!) and ESL… now what to add to that list??? #omhg
- TrashN2Tees Oh I’m hellagood at brainstorming ideas and carefully putting words together to convey a message #Omhg
- MarisaEdghill I’d love to merge my ESL exp with my knowledge of small creative biz & help international creatives expand businesses online#omhg
- ohmyhandmade So important!RT @kittyscuriosity: I like to think Im good at teaching others theyre allowed to be a bit silly, that weird can be good. #omhg
- ThreeBySea @ohmyhandmade And you’re amazeballs at making others feel like THEY’RE amazeballs! #OMHG (Love the ‘crazy gong show’ analogy!)
and in true OMHG fashion, this awesome question came about:
What do I do well that sets me apart. What piece do I bring to the whole?
- ThreeBySea @ohmyhandmade I got the humor! And the wine! #omhg
- daniellexo Biz skills: not giving a sh*t and trying the f**k out of stuff. also, being inappropriate. @ohmyhandmade #omhg
- IAMTHELAB @ohmyhandmade #omhg My piece: being a tireless advocate for creators and the global handmade community.
- designcoyote I also bring an intense optimism in “happily ever afters” & a contagious hope that things always work out if you fight for them.#omhg
- stephdouglas I’ve brought to the whole is a belief that modelling community,ethics, love to our children/grandkids will create a better future #omhg
- TrashN2Tees I’m a recycling repurposing revolutionary changing the world + the ways we consume and create #Omhg
- InkandDirt I bring order and structure to everything I do….that and tequila. #omhg
So, what did we all learn?
ohmyhandmade To wrap up: We are all super heros with unique powers that contribute to the whole in a vital way. How is that for awesome?#omhg
What is #omhg? We are a community of talented, creative and caring people who visit every Thursday on Twitter from 1-2EST with the hashtag #omhg to chat about our monthly theme on Oh My! Handmade + life, business & everything in between. Empowering, honest, supportive & full of ideas, our chats leave us all feeling ready to take on the world-come join us and make some new friends!
Geri – super good job at putting this together!! Nice.
Thanks, Stephanie! Unfortunately, the curatede link is down so we can’t access the whole transcript just yet, but Jess is on it & as soon as it’s available, we’ll post it 😉
Comments are closed.