Superhero tutu by Lucky Number Tutu on Etsy
We were all about our super powers during this past week’s #OMHG Chat… turns out our community has some great ones!
Let’s get started…
- @tickleandsmash: I dazzle in the sun!#SFBaybags RT @birdbags: tights on..wings spread…glitter applied, Ready-set-Go #omhg
- Lu_and_Ed @ohmyhandmade I have the power of positivity! I try to always be positive+happy- I find it brings more positivity into my life!#omhg
- IAMTHELAB @ohmyhandmade #omhg My super powers: empathy and unbridled creativity. And my Thai Peanut Sauce…
- ohmyhandmade Beautiful!!! So true + a willingness to connectRT@thelanguidlion: @ohmyhandmade thinking outside the box & my generosity of spirit! #omhg
- gracehester @ohmyhandmade if i were to “reveal” my super powers => practicality, resourcefulness, and ability to zone in on the real issue#omhg
- InkandDirt What is the saying? Jack of all trades but master of none. That’s me 🙂 #omhg
- daniellexo My super power: I have the uncanny ability to notice other people’s super powers. #omhg
- Lu_and_Ed I also have the super power of being able to sew one handed on my machine… And tweet with the other. #omhg
- kittyscuriosity So to take that to heart, a small super power: I’m a great listener and try to see things from others’ perspectives #omhg
- ohmyhandmade @thelanguidlion That is an amazing super power! The ability to cultivate what fills you up & keep away what is toxic-love love love #omhg
We had a few of our OMHGers not being able to identify any of their super powers…
- IAMTHELAB @RocajoStudio @InkandDirt #omhg Isn’t it interesting how quick we can be to not acknowledge our strengths?
- ohmyhandmade If you have a hard time acknowledging your BIG super powers, recognize the small ones. Eg: Rock star at watching the sunset#omhg
- IAMTHELAB @stephdouglas #omhg People are drawn to 2 things naturally: symmetry & empathy. Folks can smell empathy from a mile away!
- RocajoStudio Does chatting while a toddler is trying to crawl on your lap count as a small superpower? #omhg
… but it turns out we all did, some of us just needed a little coaxing! Jess then asked:
What skill do you have that you feel confident you can teach or share with others?
- designcoyote I’ve taught workshops about social branding & designing for WordPress as well as natural history for kids. #omhg
- ThreeBySea My blog’s new focus on humor spotting/creativity plotting/memory jotting/B.S. boycotting reflect what I can/want to teach/share #OMHG
- embergrass I can teach science 🙂 Shame I don’t really want to anymore!#omhg
- Lu_and_Ed @ohmyhandmade I am a very shy person, and I don’t like speaking in front of crowds. But I can teach kids how to sew! #omhg
- thelanguidlion Believing in/standing up for yourself RT@ohmyhandmade What skill do u have that u feel confident u can teach/share with others? #omhg
- ohmyhandmade TAPE! RT @MarisaEdghill: Ive taught theatre, leadership skills, basket weaving (awesome!) and ESL… now what to add to that list??? #omhg
- TrashN2Tees Oh I’m hellagood at brainstorming ideas and carefully putting words together to convey a message #Omhg
- MarisaEdghill I’d love to merge my ESL exp with my knowledge of small creative biz & help international creatives expand businesses online#omhg
- ohmyhandmade So important!RT @kittyscuriosity: I like to think Im good at teaching others theyre allowed to be a bit silly, that weird can be good. #omhg
- ThreeBySea @ohmyhandmade And you’re amazeballs at making others feel like THEY’RE amazeballs! #OMHG (Love the ‘crazy gong show’ analogy!)
and in true OMHG fashion, this awesome question came about:
What do I do well that sets me apart. What piece do I bring to the whole?
- ThreeBySea @ohmyhandmade I got the humor! And the wine! #omhg
- daniellexo Biz skills: not giving a sh*t and trying the f**k out of stuff. also, being inappropriate. @ohmyhandmade #omhg
- IAMTHELAB @ohmyhandmade #omhg My piece: being a tireless advocate for creators and the global handmade community.
- designcoyote I also bring an intense optimism in “happily ever afters” & a contagious hope that things always work out if you fight for them.#omhg
- stephdouglas I’ve brought to the whole is a belief that modelling community,ethics, love to our children/grandkids will create a better future #omhg
- TrashN2Tees I’m a recycling repurposing revolutionary changing the world + the ways we consume and create #Omhg
- InkandDirt I bring order and structure to everything I do….that and tequila. #omhg
So, what did we all learn?
What is #omhg? We are a community of talented, creative and caring people who visit every Thursday on Twitter from 1-2EST with the hashtag #omhg to chat about our monthly theme on Oh My! Handmade + life, business & everything in between. Empowering, honest, supportive & full of ideas, our chats leave us all feeling ready to take on the world-come join us and make some new friends!