We welcomed in the new year with Jess’s post on Tuesday, where she shared with us her beautiful predictions for not only herself, but for the #OMHG community & introduced January’s theme of a Happy Healthy Year. On Thursday we all came out of our holiday comas & sugar highs to ring in the first #OMHG chat of the year 2013 by talking about our plans and predictions for 2013!
Question 1: So we’ve got a fresh new year in front of us-what do we plan to write on it? What do you want to predict for us/yourself?
- @storyofmum: This year feels like it’s going to be very very exciting… Hope that’s true for all of us (if you want excitement..!) #omhg
- designcoyote New year, new plans, new me (but still with the old goodness). <3 #omhg
- laalicia good health, more creative success and good friendships! #omhg
- JoyfulRoots Predicting Magic and Greatness!
- MoxiePear 2013 is going to be clarity for me…understanding where I am and where I truly want to go #omhg
- MarisaEdghill I feel like I’ve been treading water for a few years. In 2013, I really want to swim! #omhg
- kdmarsden Plans for lots of new things but need to stay healthy for day job(& small boy) so trying to have realistic expectations! #omhg
- taniawoj 2013 is going to be all about Ease for me – setting up my business(es) and life so that they become easier, full of flow and space #omhg
- thelanguidlion Last year I was scrambling just trying to keep up… this year my goal is to not only stay ahead of the curve, but steer it! #omhg
- Gardenmis My word for 2013 is simplify and then after that revel in the love that surrounds me 🙂 #omhg
- @sarahpcreative The great thing about growth is that you fill the space with the fragrance of change & everyone else benefits too. #OMHG
- taniawoj Yes, so good! RT @moxiepear: My biggest lightbulb for 2013 is to schedule my goals…put them in a calendar and make it happen #omhg
Question 2: So we’re committed-this year is going to be awesome (except when it’s not)…how are we planning for resilience in hard times?
- JoyfulRoots Have a support group like #OMHG and have a back-up plan.
- KatMcBrideArt You know those moments when you realize the only thing hold you back is yourself? They SUCK. Self care for tough times. #omhg
- Sarahpcreative A plentiful supply of chocolate? I try to celebrate the small successes (sometimes I really have to dig) and refocus #omhg
- ColleenAttara All the little stuff takes so much time. I want to leave more space/patience this year for the learning curve that is always there. #omhg
- KatMcBrideArt I’m insanely hard on myself- ‘failures’ are deemed so because they aren’t Wildly Successful. Changing that is my goal too. #omhg
- Gardenmis Failures are hard to take yet they really are stepping stones to success! They are Thomas Edison moments. #omhg
- @IAMTHELAB: I have a perfectionist streak, so my goal is not to tear pages out. I want 2 look back on 2013 & c it all. #omhg
- storyofmum It helps if you also have a boa and/or a swirly skirt for the moments when you get up to go to the loo or make a cuppa 😉 #omhg
We also met a brand new #OMHGer, Emily Jeffords of BeautifulHello & spent some time sharing with her what we all did & welcoming her to our wonderful chat!
I think Jessika summed up the chat for BeautifulHello (and everyone else) the best:
You all are on fire with brilliance today-this is the best corner of the world for one hour a week! #omhg
Editor’s note: In fact we we’re so on fire we were a trending topic on Twitter! Thank you all for making the 1st chat of 2013 a blazing ball of awesome and filling every Thursday with your insight and enthusiasm-I can’t think of a better group of friends to journey through the year with!
What is #omhg? We are a community of talented, creative and caring people who visit every Thursday on Twitter from 1-2EST with the hashtag #omhg to chat about our monthly theme on Oh My! Handmade + life, business & everything in between. Empowering, honest, supportive & full of ideas, our chats leave us all feeling ready to take on the world-come join us and make some new friends!
Missed the chat? Share your plans for 2013 & how you find your support in the comments!