by Jessika Hepburn, O Happy Day Handmade
This collection of handmade finds and craft ideas was inspired by the stunning rainbow cake that I found on the blog of author and director of Handmade Nation, Faythe Levine. I couldn’t do a post on colour without adding a few activities as well-enjoy!
1. This sweet “Bonjour” 8 x 10 print from Toronto based BellyBabies is truly adorable.
2. Photo via bookjournal’s Flicker photostream and this post by Faythe Levine. I love the idea of eating the rainbow. I think a great party idea is to have the birthday child get a map to a pot of “gold” (chocolate coins or other golden goodie) with their piece.
3. I love this bright and creative upper and lower case felt alphabet set from michimaland and the super cute drawstring bag makes for easy storage.
4. Make mealtimes fun with this colourful bib in the fantastic Juicy Jungle print from paisleybaby.
5. Teach your child about colour with this fun wooden toy set by MamaMayI
Now that I got your imaginations all fired up I wanted to share my favourite new find of the month: Clementine Art supplies. Their art supplies are non-toxic, earth friendly and beautifully packaged. Pictured above from left to right are their modelling dough, natural paints, natural markers, crayon rocks and natural soy crayons (I love the torpedo shape!).
Then put your new art supplies to good use with these great retro colouring pages that I found over at wish & wonder and had to share with you.