When I found out what this month’s theme was I had to bust out a previous recipe that I posted on my own blog last year because it is so darn good. 🙂 The great thing about this one is that you can put just about any little “extras” you want and it will taste so yummy!
Yep, that says crapballs…but don’t let it deter you. 😉 You will be saying it yourself once you taste these
little bites huge bars of goodness.
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (you can usually regular – we just have this in our house)
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate candies (M&Ms or Sunspire will work)
2 cups salted popcorn
4 bars of white chocolate candy melts (we use Log House brand because it doesn’t have any artificial stuff in it)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Butter a 9 inch square baking pan.
– In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda – add 1/2 cup of cranberries, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and chocolate candies. Toss around to coat everything.
– In another bowl, beat butter and sugar together with a spoon until combined – add egg and beat again.
– Add flour mixture and stir altogether until well combined.
– Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake until just cooked through and golden brown (about 15 minutes). Set aside to cool all the way.
– Melt candy melts and remaining chocolate chips in a bowl (we use the microwave).
– Drizzle melted chocolate over the bars, then add the rest of the cranberries and popcorn over the top. To help everything stick, we drizzled another layer of melted chocolate on top of the popcorn and cranberries.
– Let the chocolate set and then cut into squares and devour!
How about we just call this the “Everything Pan”, because “bars” implies that I would eat this over time, or share with others, rather than hunker down in front of the TV with the whole pan-lol!
Ummm this looks like pure sin and I’m all over it 🙂
Woo hoo! I would have to be scraped off the ceiling after eating this yum eatery. Yikes! LOL
Wowsers – this looks amazing! Definitely taking this down in my recipe collection – thanks for sharing!
Comments are closed.