Hi friends! Today’s post has nothing to do with DIY branding and everything to do with supporting someone in our community who could use our helping hands and big hearts. Our new contributor and tireless cheerleader of creative awesome, Danielle Maveal, has been sharing a weekly advice column on Tuesdays but when her sweet furry friend Myrtle went missing she threw herself into the search to recover her lost pup. As the days are stretching into weeks it can be hard to keep up hope and energy for the search-that is where we come in! Danielle created a list of 21 Ways to Help Myrtle that I am republishing here. Let’s do our best to help Danielle reunite with her adventuring puppy and keep her spirits up by making sure she knows we are there for her! Send her a supportive Tweet, leave her a comment here or on her Find Myrtle blog, if you are in Brooklyn bring over a plate of cookies and print up a batch of flyers. Next week I want to be publishing a reunion story and I hope we can help make that happen!
Myrtle, a 6 pound black chihuahua, went missing early morning on Saturday, October 6th in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. She is a sweet, shy, dog who had a hard life before I rescued her a year ago. Help bring her back home to a safe, warm bed! Note: Please don’t chase or call her, we just need sightings so that Myrtle’s owner can help lure her home to safety.
- Like the Find Myrtle Facebook page. Est. time: 10 seconds.
- Retweet the details on Twitter. Est. time: 10 seconds.
- Repin this image on Pinterest. Est. time: 10 seconds.
- Share this image on Instagram. Est. time: 10 seconds.
- Share on Tumblr. Est. time: 10 seconds.
- Do something on Google+ (I don’t quite get G+, so I’ll leave that up to you.) Est. time: 10 seconds.
- What the hell, tell all your LinkedIn connections – they’ll love that you’re not using LinkedIn to find a better job for once! Est. Time: 30 seconds (Using humor to get me through, please bear with me.)
- Share the ABC Eyewitness news story! Est. Time: 10 Seconds.
- Post a comment on the Find Myrtle Facebook page & more friends will see us! Est. time: 30 seconds.
- Send good energy, say a prayer on your preferred god/gods. Est. time: 10 seconds.
- Share this image with everyone in your phone’s contact list. Est. time: 3 minutes.
- Put a flyer in the back window of your car. Est. time: 3 minutes.
- Donate to the awesome search team that has already spent over 40 hours looking for Myrtle, out of the kindness of their hearts! Est. time: 3 minutes.
- Reach out to someone with a big social media presence and ask them to help. Est. time: 3 minutes.
- Email your favorite local blog, and let them know Myrtle is missing. Est. time: 3 minutes.
- Good karma in Myrtle’s name: Donate to Animal Haven & Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue and help the good people that have helped Myrtle. Est. time: 5 minutes.
- Call your own vet to see if they have had a client come in with a new black chihuahua come in lately. Est. time: 5 minutes.
- Call your closest pet store to see if they have seen a new black chihuahua come in with someone lately. Est. time: 5 minutes.
- Do something weird/crazy/funny to get people’s attention. Make a Spotify mix for Myrtle, create a #FindMyrtle Etsy item, pitch a #FindMyrtle Hipsters Do Have Hearts, but only for chihuahuas sketch and perform it on Saturday Night Live. (Bonus points for that last one.)Est. time: 30 minutes.
- ******Flyers are the most important thing we can do right now. Myrtle may have been spotted as far as Canarsie – flyering your neighborhood’s high traffic areas could help her get seen by the right person. Subway entrances, grocery stores, coffee shops, pet stores, delis, laundromats, etc. (Remember to update our flyer map here!) Est. time: 30 minutes.
Okay OMHG’ers we have our list, we have our task, now let’s go forth and FIND Myrtle!