Beginning with Thursday’s post on Planning for Holiday Success by Slowing Down, today we chatted about what fabulous holiday seasons look like for each of us. From business life to family time we brainstormed ideas and shared inspiration for our own seasons of success!
Question #1: My holiday plan= a slow season of contentment instead of crazy-making. What is your plan for holiday success?
- ThreeBySea From a non-biz place- happiness & low stress! #omhg
- UnurthWonder Yay! Family time is essential! And friends. I love doing a “friendsgiving” #omhg
- MarisaEdghill steady business. Meeting sales goals w/o driving myself crazy. Having time to have a little fun. #omhg
- tif_smith successful this year is having our baby and having our #letterpress ready to print by the new year. 😉 #omhg
- designcoyote Success during the holidays means having ample time with the family. AKA getting things done on time. 😉 #omhg
- speckledlime …is it ‘cheating’ to not be running anything (blog/biz) this year? Just taking the time to be ‘normal’ 😉 #omhg
Question #2: How do you celebrate the holiday season? Do you go all out, have quiet family time, or a combo?
- @speckledlime: …success will be just quality time spent with family doing things because we want to: not because we have to #omhg
- tif_smith this is the first year i’m not traveling for either holiday. i’m too preggo for long car trips, and i’m okay with relaxing at home. 😀#omhg
- UnurthWonder All of the above! RT @ohmyhandmade: How do you celebrate the holiday season? Do you go all out, have quiet family time, or a combo? #omhg
- ThreeBySea I’m all about holiday stuff w/ the kiddo. Holidays should be magical when you’re a kid. #omhg
- designcoyote I try to go home for the holidays but this year it won’t happen. So I’ll be working & having a quiet time with my girl & furkids.#omhg
- speckledlime …a combo, I guess: our family is small, just my folks here, MrB’s are in UK, so fairly quiet by most, I am sure 🙂#omhg
Where we promptly migrated to one of our favourite subjects – FOOD! Including cupcakes, Nanaimo bars (as promised, an awesome recipe, as well as a little more information about them!), cookies and baking, it general seems to be a big holiday tradition for a lot of us!
Question #3: Do you have any making/crafty plans this year? We’re definitely going for a foodie Christmas & making cookies/little gifts…
- RocajoStudio Since I’m taking a calligraphy class, I’m gonna try to write all my Christmas cards with my new pen… #omhg
- tif_smith one of my early Christmas presents from family to me was making homemade applesauce. i made 30+ jars for the year. 🙂 #omhg
- designcoyote Making-wise, I’ll probably bake a lot & since it’s cooler it means knitting weather is upon us. 🙂 Yay knitting! #omhg
- storyofmum I’m going to make an ‘activities’ advent calendar instead of a chocolate one – meant to do it last year but…#omhg
- ThreeBySea Last year I doodled these “me-mo cards” each night to create a holiday keepsake http://t.co/s1EsISwt They’re all in an mini album #omhg
- manusmade I did that last year – so much fun! Will prob do again. RT@ohmyhandmade going for a foodie Christmas & making cookies/little gifts #omhg
- ohmyhandmade I am planning on doing these sweet grandparent advent calendars for family http://t.co/aXh0tyOK #omhg
- cupcakes4clara Matilda has been asking if we can make Elf Donuts (http://t.co/h3Oh5nZ6) for weeks so that will definitely feature! #omhg
- MarisaEdghill Here’s an activity idea using really simple materials ->http://t.co/klqU4Byr And 2 more here plus round-up of 11 more ->http://t.co/TEKYbI38 #omhg
- thelanguidlion We’ve made all of our gifts for the last 3 years… so much fun to bake, create & package! #omhg
- bugsandfishes If you like to sew, I’ve got a whole bunch of crafty tutorials you could try:http://t.co/MpjDe8LZ #omhg
We rounded off the hour by sharing what we are all working on for the holidays with the following links to our seasonal inspirations:
- storyofmum I’ve already been making things out of milk cartons for xmas with the kids – a Rudolph head… http://t.co/gazr3cnz #omhg
- RocajoStudio My BIG (Be Involved Genuinely) Xmas idea: DIY card + envelope (have fun with kids, then spread some cheer):http://t.co/CHTENduu #omhg
- storyofmum And honouring both Christmas and Movember, what else but an elf with interchangeable facial hair? http://t.co/UeLooqig#omhg
- speckledlime …I shall be re-stocking the advent calendar I made last year http://t.co/7Du1MO8O + baking my traditional fruit cake #omhg
- KatMcBrideArt I have 5 sisters so custom, personalized shoes are rare gifts, like these: http://t.co/3yi66U8i#omhg
- PatternedApp Oooh @taraswiger had a great post on holidays+life+bizhttp://t.co/9KB1ivXo #omhg
- ohmyhandmade Speaking of simple sweet inspiration-cutest cookie house ever http://t.co/VjAnF99x #omhg
- SnozcumberSloan #omhg Nearly forgot- have made the crimbo cake too! Amaretto and orange! Yum! http://t.co/5PYmAOYh
You can also read the full chat transcript right here.
What is #omhg? We are a community of talented, creative and caring people who visit every Thursday on Twitter from 1-2EST with the hashtag #omhg to chat about our monthly theme on Oh My! Handmade + life, business & everything in between. Empowering, honest, supportive & full of ideas, our chats leave us all feeling ready to take on the world-come join us and make some new friends!
Miss our chat? Share your thoughts on holiday success in the comments!