Image Source: SHOULDA WOULDA COULDA by Maria Bergström
Following on from their post on Sep. 26, 2012, co-hosts Tracy & Robin of Flourish & Thrive joined us for a lively discussion on time management strategies, dealing with overwhelm along with defining our self-worth, valuing our time, creating boundaries and taking care of US!
- ohmyhandmade Soooo hands up if you ever battle overwhelm, not having enough time, or wishing you could clone yourself? *hands WAY up here* #omhg
- deannamullican Waaaaaaay up over here! RT @ohmyhandmade: hands up if you ever battle overwhelm, not enough time, or wish you could clone yourself? #omhg
- kittyscuriosity @ohmyhandmade *hand shoots up* Oh yes. I like being busy, but it’s a fine line between busy and overwhelmed. #omhg
- UnurthWonder RT @RedBootGal: Time management – what I like to call SELF management is something we all need. #omhg
- fatamadrinawp @ohmyhandmade count me waving like crazy hands and feet up in the air #omhg #timeissues
We quickly moved on to time management/organization tools such as Evernote, Calendars, To-Do Lists, TeuxDeux (http://t.co/mJqCT2Gx) Timekeeper (via @pancakeapp) & Chore-Boys 😉 along with a video about balancing things in our life http://t.co/LpKJ5yTH & breaking multi-part tasks into individual checkboxes/scheduling fun & relaxation http://t.co/uTs0QqH8
We then organically moved to talking about how we take care of ourselves…
- IAMTHELAB RT @RedBootGal: @elizatobin Self Care is essential! I recommend scheduling that in your calendar. If it is scheduled, I do it! : ) #omhg
- GaiaCC RT @UnurthWonder: Single Tasking= getting stuff done!!#omhg
- pigandfish @thelanguidlion @Lu_and_Ed Time off is SO crucial – that’s why we’re getting doggie backpacks so we can hike as a family #omhg
- 100paperstars RT@Flourish_Thrive meditating cleans the slate & opens up minds to possibilities- …ohh I love this! #omhg
… then onto boundaries, saying “no” and making choices about where we put our time!
- fatamadrinawp MT @UnurthWonder: Very [most, I’d say] powerful#timemanagement tool= saying no #omhg
- RedBootGal @ohmyhandmade basically the small stuff that falls through the cracks-it’s OK to let it go. It’s about choices. #omhg
- zoe_rooney @sparrowscript Agree 100%, visual clutter slows me way down. I think that’s true for a lot of visual people #omhg
- ohmyhandmade @zoe_rooney Delegation is freaking AWESOME. I love that I handed over the redesign of our brand to people who are brilliant#loadoff #omhg
- KatGoesTweet @ohmyhandmade #omhg Fresh air and natural light a busy persons best friend.
- fatamadrinawp I use #coworking w/a friend once a week and it works wonders! MT @StreeterUltd: it increases my productivity to be in a new space! #omhg
- Lu_and_Ed @MarisaEdghill I love being able to close the door of my studio – makes it feel like a work day is really complete. #omhg
- kittyscuriosity Ooh, great idea RT @100paperstars: I give myself rewards & consequences for things. I know what I’m investing in with my actions. #omhg
- storyofmum @StreeterUltd Pal & I planning mini life-planning retreat 4 a day inspired by #ohmyhandmade post, can then be accountable 2 each other #omhg
- RoriStories @Lu_and_Ed I schedule breaks in my day for something fun, a nap, whatever. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me. #omhg
- IAMTHELAB RT @Lu_and_Ed: @RoriStories I usually take all of January off to reward myself after holiday shows/crazy sale season! #omhg
- Flourish_Thrive @ohmyhandmade @redbootgal it’s important to charge for your time especially as crafters and makers. It’s hard to wrap the mind around #omhg
- @ColleenAttara: A wise woman told me: you cannot always manage your time but you can manage your priorities. #omhg
- ThreeBySea RT @ohmyhandmade: RT @pigandfish: Designating certain days for certain things helps to create structure. #omhg
What is #omhg? We are a community of talented, creative and caring people who visit every Thursday on Twitter from 1-2EST with the hashtag #omhg to chat about our monthly theme on Oh My! Handmade + life, business & everything in between. Empowering, honest, supportive & full of ideas, our chats leave us all feeling ready to take on the world-come join us and make some new friends!