by Jessika Hepburn, Editor
Thank you all for playing along and being handmade here tourists with us this month! We’ve had some great adventures exploring handmade where we live. I want to also thank all our contributors who took the time to interview local businesses, photograph their towns & share their love of handmade. Let’s take a look back at everything we’ve seen this month on our travels:
1. Chicago, Illinois: Sara Tams of Sarah + Abraham shares her story of building a local network & how you can get started too.
2. Senshu District, Japan: Learn about the long history of towel making in Japan with Jacqui Miyabayashi of Mee A Bee
3. Minnetonka, Minnesota: Meet Melissa of Earth Grown Crayons. She makes beautiful, all natural, soy crayons that celebrate nature’s diversity.
4. Cazenovia Village, New York: Find out how Joanne Gilbert of Drawn to Letters is creating a local life
5. London, England: Isa Maria of Noisette Marketing & Noisette Kids introduces us to We Make London & some of their talented members.
6. Sackville, New Brunswick: Visit the hometown of Anointment’s owner, April MacKinnon, and see how the little town of Sackville is filled with handmade goodness.
7. Atlanta, Georgia: Meet the creative women of Atlanta with creative superstar Stacy Altiery of InkSpot Workshop
8. Toronto, Ontario: Tour an amazing creative workspace, The Workroom, with Debra Norton of Vintage Paper Parade & meet the owner in this fabulous interview.
10. Halifax, Nova Scotia: Come with me on a visit to Love, Me Boutique & learn how owner Chara Kingston is celebrating the joy of making.
11. Carmel, Indiana: Carmel has a vibrant culture of art & design, take a tour & meet some of the makers with Michelle Vackar of Hi Mamma.
12. Chicago, Illinois: We went to Chicago’s Lakeview neighborhood with Meg of Olliegraphic to visit Mandi of Nat & Helens, a natural kids shop filled with great eco-friendly finds.
13. Columbus, Ohio: Grace of Grace Hester Designs shares her love of Etsy teams + a treasury filled with the talented members of Etsy Team Columbus.
14. Nashville, Tennesse: The Music City is filled with handmade goodness & Courtney of Pizzazzerie gives us a feast for the eyes with this round up of her favorite local finds.
15. Washington, DC, Maryland: Meet Megan & Gregg, the creative team behind Modern Bird Studios & ModTots in this interview with Lauren of Stamp 48.
You can be sure we’ll be having more handmade here adventures! Where do you want us to travel to next?